Thursday, January 6, 2011

A new love affair

As I go through my house organizing things, I am not alone. I will admit that I have a new love affair...my label maker. It's nothing fancy and I was able to find it on sale for $15, but it gets the job done and I don't have to use masking tape and a permanent marker to label things anymore!
Thank goodness my husband is so patient and willing to go along with most of my shenanigans; I've even labeled our trashcan and recycling bin (with instructions on how and what to recycle). He was kind enough to call me when he first saw it so he would be sure to get the "system" right, hehe.

One of the first things I did in my mission to make the house more organized was to "Tupperize" my pantry. Now things are nice and neat. They are not in plastic bags and flimsy boxes falling over and spilling; they are all within reach and easy to see at a glance.

I had a Tupperware party in order to get the hostess discounts and free gifts to help out with getting what I needed. I know Tupperware is not cheap, but it does have a lifetime warranty- that I have actually used on a few pieces that I've inherited with no problems at all. But If Tupperware is not in your budget, check out the Dollar Tree (my favorite organizational bin mecca- can't beat $1 for EVERYTHING!) or Target and Walmart.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks awesome, and I have the exact same label maker and I use it too! I also have started "rubbermaiding" my pantry, but those things are expensive, so we have most of the things done,but still working on it!

    ReplyDelete