Thursday, January 6, 2011

My most popular dish

Do you have that one dish that everyone always requests? Well, without a doubt, that dish would be my corned beef. With many different flavors playing off of each other, it is simply a party in your mouth. I hope your family will enjoy it as much as mine does.


Superb Corned Beef

Place 3-4 lb. corned beef and seasoning from packet that came with it in a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 3-4 hours until fork tender. Preheat oven to 300˚ Drain and place beef in baking dish, fat side up. Score fat in criss-cross pattern with knife. Mix together 1 Tbs Spicy Brown Mustard and 1/3 cup Brown Sugar. Spread over scored fat. Pour 1 cup sweet pickle juice around beef in dish. Bake for 1 hour, basting with pickle juice if desired. Let rest 10 minutes, slice 1/4"- 1/2" slices against the grain.



3 comments:

  1. Recently, on more than one occasion, I've thought to myself how I wish I had a signature dish that was truly my creation and wasn't something I've carried on from someone else's recipe. I definitely admire and am a fan of your signature dish, if I'm remembering it correctly that you served it for a St. Patrick's Day dinner a couple years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS the most SUPERB Corned Beef EVER!! I've made it every St. Patrick's Day since you made me my family heritage cookbook for my wedding. I HIGHLY recommend this recipe. ALTHOUGH, if Cassie gives you the recipe, make sure it says 1 TBSP of Brown Mustard and 1/3 Cup of BROWN SUGAR, and not the other way around lol this can really ruin the dish LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question...my family despises pickles. Does the pickle juice give it a very pickely flavor, or is it more so used to tenderize the meat? If I chose not to use the pickle juice, is there something else that you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete